The Student News Site of Johnson High School

Jag Journal

Jag Journal

Jag Journal

No hands in soccer

The soccer team is in practice everyday, and are exhausted because they are learning new drills so they can win against Anderson in December.  

Johnson soccer has been training so they can have a better season than last year. They want to have a winning year.

“Tied against Bowie at home was one of the exhilarating games of last year. Hoping to have a winning season this year,” Junior Gerret Hamilton said.

The team has been practicing since August with numerous drills and strategies. They start off with a lap around the field to get loosened up, then stretch for 15 minutes. Then they start with a possession drill where two teams try to take the ball from another, with no purpose of scoring, just keeping the ball.

“Probably Tony clearing it off the line, the bicycle kicked, I hope the team passes the ball more this year,” Junior Joe Ysol said.

Some of the amazing times for the boys were when it was a teammate’s birthday they threw him up in the air after a win, and getting to watch someone hit the bicycle kick off the line. Some of the dark times would be Westlake, they lost ten to zero. One of the wins they had was against  Akins 2-0.

“When it was our teammate’s birthday and we started throwing him up in the air after our win. I hope the team will make it to the playoffs this year,” Junior Ahmed Tareq said.