The Student News Site of Johnson High School

Jag Journal

Jag Journal

Jag Journal

‘C’ day change to alternate ‘A’ and ‘B’ days

C’ days have been a part of JHS ever since the 2020 pandemic year. It has allowed jags to attend their classes as if the schedule never changed. As the school year progresses, jags slowly get more used to ‘A’ and ‘B’ days and the occasional ‘C’ day. ‘A’ and ‘B’ days consist of four classes each, whereas ‘C’ days, students have all of their classes.

The reasoning behind all of this is that 49 teachers were out on a Friday as well as the next week, 42 were out. If this were to happen on a ‘C’ day it would be around 300 classes needing substitutes.

The jaguar newspaper staff agrees with ‘C’ days being changed to become an alternating ‘A’ and ‘B’ day..

Jags have been rolling with the usual schedule until Feb. 27, where it was announced that ‘C’ days will be dissolved and replaced with an additional ‘A’ or ‘B’ day alternating each week. Teachers mostly like it but also are a bit weary of this change due to their lesson plans.

This sudden change has left some students with both good and bad feelings about off periods, to not seeing friends. We came to this conclusion due to the more time we get in class to get our work done.

Students alike feel that this will lead to getting more accomplished as we head towards the end of the school year. ‘C’ days alternating between ‘A’ and ‘B’ days weekly will allow students more class time to finish work and easier schedules.

Getting around school with the new upcoming change will allow students an easier day to not worry about quickly going to all eight classes in a hurry. This saves time and is more efficient. 

This change could also negatively affect students and teachers in terms of teachers having to change their lesson plans. Students’ plans could be ruined with possible personal reasons: work, after school activities, managing their off periods. 

This schedule change should definitely become a permanent addition to  next year and the years to come. This has been one of the best decisions made by Johnson High School administrators.