9th and JV football teams sweep Del Valle

JV+teams+hosted+Del+Valle%2C+while+freshman+teams+traveled.+All+teams+dominated+the+Cardinals+and+earned+the+win.++

Scarlett Teague

JV teams hosted Del Valle, while freshman teams traveled. All teams dominated the Cardinals and earned the win.

Daniel Van Cleave, Staff Writer

To start off the home set of games against Del Valle the JV Gold team won 52-0 score. They scored 31 points in the first quarter forcing a running clock on the Del Valle team.

“I started the game off with a big hit on the quarterback, which helped set the tone on the defensive side,” starting safety Cameron Torres said. “Their offense couldn’t start anything right because we were on top of everything.” 

With the second game of the evening JV Black team won 63-6. Del Valle looked lost as the Jag offense scored over and over again, and the defense held the Cardinals to fourth downs.

“I thought it was a good learning moment for people who don’t get in as much,” starting wide receiver Lincoln Parsons Said. “It also helped us learn more discipline throughout the game, and will help with the upcoming games.” 

At Del Valle High School the Freshman Gold team set the tone with a 47-0 win, with the offense scoring six touchdowns.

“The offense played amazing,” wide receiver Mason Ward said. “And the defense let up no points.” 

To finish off the night at Del Valle the Freshmen Black team won 41-0, sealing the freshmen shutout at Del Valle.

“The game went pretty well,” defensive end Brody McAnelly said. “We went through some defensive schemes to help for the upcoming game. Drey’s punt return touchdown at the beginning set the tone for the rest of the game.”