The Student News Site of Johnson High School

Jag Journal

Jag Journal

Jag Journal

The 2024 JHS Class

Submitted Photo
Zoe Mabie with Mallory Russell at Senior Sunrise.

Third times the charm, and for JHS this will be their third class of graduates in the five years that they’ve been open. More than 600 seniors are attending this year, compared to the thousands of underclassmen. 

Homecoming will be on September 16, while the theme for prom and the senior field trip are yet to be announced. Senior Sunrise was Aug. 14, and there was great turnout with more than 100 seniors in attendance. 

“The senior sunrise was super fun,” senior choir student conductor Zoe Mabie said. “I’m excited for all the breakfast and little senior things we get to do throughout the year.”

Senior class president Mallory Russell said most of the senior events will take place later in the spring. Russell said the few events they’ve done have already been a great bonding experience that allowed the seniors to grow as a class.

“Right now we are focused on making pep rallies fun and getting everyone hyped for things like football games and volleyball games,” she said. 

The pep rallies are what Russell is really looking forward to this year, along with spending time with her friends and senior class one last time. 

“I want to help make it the best year possible,” she said. “I’m excited for the spring and what we have in store for everybody.”

The choir president Jacob Thomas said he feels nostalgia thinking about how fast things went. 

“I mean I still remember freshman year pretty clearly; I’m gonna be kinda sad leaving such a big school,” Thomas said. 

Mabie proclaimed she felt good about her past years at JHS.

“There’s obviously the drama and the stuff that comes with being in high school,” She said. “But overall I feel like my experiences here have been pretty good.”